UPDATE: MONDAY 16TH MARCH 2020 – From today the Casting Collective team will be working from home until further notice. If you need to contact us please email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you asap.
Current government advice is that there is no immediate cause for concern. The welfare of all our artistes, staff and production contacts and their families is our utmost priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and advise all our artistes, staff and production contacts to follow the advice of Public Health England and the NHS. For the latest information and advice, visit:
For up to date information about affected countries please visit Returning Travellers information here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-travellers
If you have been to a Coronavirus-infected area in the last four weeks or have been in contact with the virus please refrain from accepting availability requests or bookings for work until you have self-isolated as recommended by the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
If you feel unwell and do not know what you should do, then call NHS 111.
If you have any flu-like symptoms whatsoever regardless of severity please do not accept availability requests of bookings for work.
The best advice from healthcare professionals at this stage is to carry on as normal but to adhere to strict hygiene routines.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- You can find the latest information and advice from Public Health England at http://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Information for the public: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
- Blog and frequently asked questions: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/
The latest advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office can be found here
Best wishes and thank you for your cooperation
The Casting Collective Team